BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 29, 2010

the beautiful and mysterious

One of my favorite natural anomalies is fog/mist. I love how one minute everything is clear, and the next minute you feel like you are in a different world. I love the way lights look in the fog, all muted and sparkly, yet you can see the individual beams of light reflecting through the fog. It always reminds me of the Lamp Post in the Chronicles of Narnia (not the movie, but the picture I had of it as a child reading the books).

Yesterday morning I woke up at 5:30 to go do some training/working out at the beach. The early morning drive to the beach is my ultimate favorite because of the geography here and the way the fog settles. Lismore area is all hills and valleys, so in the morning the fog settles down over all the houses and all you can see are the tops of hills and tree tops. It makes you feel like you are the only one alive. Then the sun starts to rise and because of the fog, it colors are this hazy splash that just grows into the sky. I love the little moments in life where nature covers up civilization and you can imagine what the earth was like before man and technology. I live for those little moments. Latter that evening after walking back to my place from a friends, 5 minutes after I had gotten home I stepped outside to just look around and the night fog had rolled in. It amazes me how fast it can happen.

I do not know where is comes from or why it comes but I'm grateful it does. It always makes the world seem a bit more natural to me.

0 comments: